Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Glory Of God




                I was talking to one of my mentors yesterday and he presented to me an idea that I had thought of, but never to this extent. He said that everything that God does is for the glory of God and He loves His glory more than anything else, because He is righteous and just in upholding the importance of His glory, knowing that it is the most important thing in all existence.

                At first, I was taken back, because I was not aware of this idea to such a deep extent. I knew that God was all about His glory and that we were made to glorify Him. His glory has always been important and always will be. I knew that much. I just had no idea that His glory was the most important thing in the world. It never clicked to me. I never spent that much time dwelling on it.

                But when I thought about it, God is the main character of the Bible, not humanity. His glory is important. He came out of love to sacrifice for us so that His glory through grace, mercy, and love will be preserved. If He did not come for us, He would not be glorified as the loving, merciful, gracious God. Now, this does not mean that He stops loving us and only loves His glory. He still loves us, but not everything is about it. It is all about God and knowing who God is. Thinking that God made us to serve us would be practicing a religion that is clearly not Christianity. He has glory and we must understand that His glory is what represents the truth of who He is; and to say that His glory is not important is to say that the truth of who God is is not important.

                It is a powerful concept that I had not given much time to, but it makes perfect sense as it begins to flood every verse and every praise. It is about God and the glory of God. We are not loved less, but we are not the center of attention either. God loves us and His glory. He is able to love more than one thing at a time. The Bible makes it clear that He loves is and that His glory is something that is not to be messed with. Allow the idea to sink into your mind as you read the word. It will be more about God and how amazing He is, and less about us and how great we can be; because, in the end, it should always be about our Lord and Savior. Let's stop trying to be the main character in God's story.


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment