Monday, December 31, 2012

Before The New Year




                For the past two years, every week before New Years I grab a sheet of paper and a pen and I write down what I desire from the New Year. I do not write New Years' resolutions. Those I can keep to myself, if I ever make them. This paper is my statement of purpose. I write down the things I am concerned about or desire from God and post them on my wall. It is how I began my faith, and as each Item on the check list is marked off, I have another reason to praise the Lord that I can always look back on. This is not for me or for my own reasons; but about God and putting His kingdom first and making it a goal.

                Before New Year's comes, I will write another one of these statements. I challenge each and every one of you to do the same. Take a piece of paper, pray, and write down what you desire from God. This is not a wish list, but a moment to bring your concerns and needs to God from the bottom of your heart and to watch Him answer the prayers that you have brought Him.

                I dare you to grab a piece of paper, a pen, write down your deepest prayers, post it somewhere in your room, and watch what God does with those things within the year of 2013. It may not be what you expected; but I promise you that if you bring your prayers to God with all seriousness, you will see Him move on it. Trust the Lord for the New Year and see what will happen. It is a perfect way to look back on former years and give glory to God. Why not start making praise-worthy memories this year?


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment