Thursday, December 6, 2012

Stressful Times




                I am currently in college and we are at the end of what it called, "dead week." It is the week before finals, the most intense tests of the semester, and everything on campus comes to a stop in order to allow students to study. I, personally, do not get stressed out by these times because I see God keeping me comforted. I know that if I keep Him first, everything else works itself out.

                That sounds lazy, doesn't it? Well, I would like to call it faith. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." I know that, because I love God and He has called me to be here, I have no reason to stress.

                No, I am not saying stop studying just because you are in college. I am saying, put God first and remember His goodness. He comforts you when you are anxious and He gives you peace when you are afraid. Yes, study and learn; but do not turn it into a bigger thing than it is. Yes, much rides on finals; but not your eternity in Heaven. Let us keep perspective.

                Many times we come up against stressful situations. It could be a promotion at work, a new job, an internship, moving into a new home, leaving home for the first time, sending your kids off for the first time, becoming grandparents, etc. All in all we must remember that all things work together for the good of those who love God. If you love Jesus, keep that first and let God handle the rest. Just take a deep breath and remember that your God cares about everything in your life and He will be there to support you and guide you through whatever you are in the midst of.


                                                                                                                                        -D

No comments:

Post a Comment