Tuesday, December 18, 2012

For My Servant




                When I was reading 1 Kings and 2 Kings, I noticed something special. David was a faithful servant of the Lord's. Many times, after David passed away, and his children began to rule on the throne, Solomon began to follow in David's foot steps for years, but he had a weakness. He loved foreign women. Now, God is not against interracial marriage; but these women were bringing in their false gods, which angered the Lord. When Solomon did not remember the Lord and married many wives who corrupted the land, the Lord became angry at Solomon for turning away from God and breaking his word.

                1 Kings 11:11-13 says, "So the Lord said to Solomon, 'Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates. Nevertheless, for the save of David your father, I will not do it during your life time. I will tear it out of the hands of your son. Yet I will not tear the whole kingdom from him, but will give him one tribe for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem  which I have chosen."

                Later on, we also see God say, "I will defend this city and save it, for my sake and for the sake of David my servant." (2 Kings 19:34) We see that, because David followed the word of the Lord and was a faithful servant who honored the Lord, God kept him in mind when his children began to go crazy.

                Now, in these days and ages, we see so many chaotic things going wrong and so many  sins rising up and overtaking the world; but we have to remember what God did for David. If we stay strong in our faith, no matter the persecution, God will defend our families and close ones for our sake, and for His sake; because it brought honor to God for Him being merciful and personally loving for the sake of David. If you worry about your children, your siblings, your families, your close friends; honor the Lord and trust in Him to do what is just and fair. God is sovereign over all. Serve Him and let His will be done. God will honor His faithful servants. He always has and He always will because He is a loving and just God who honors those who honor His glory.


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment