Wednesday, December 26, 2012

John 14:27




                "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

                When I was going through medical tests and blood work was being done, I could have either relied on the doctor or on Jesus. When the doctor called me back about my blood work, he said, in a tone of pure panic, "I just looked at your blood work and it seems that you are horrifically anemic. I need you to come into the office as soon as possible."

                I said, "Sure, I will come right in," and hung up the phone. The first thing I did was jump up and down in sheer joy and thanked the Lord for the gift that He just gave me. Now, for those of you who do not know; anemia is when your blood does not hold enough oxygen and this can be deadly if you have an severe case. Now, why was I jumping up and down? I honestly could not tell you. All I can say is that I had Jesus in my life; and instead of looking at future bills, pills to take, diets to change, lives to alter, like most people would; I saw an all glory to God opportunity on the horizon. I saw a thorn in my side that God would get glorified from, if He removed it or not.

                This is not the way that the world thinks! We have to realize that when we have Jesus in our lives, we do not think or act like the world anymore. The things that once made us happy suddenly make us feel shame or disgust. The things that once looked boring could end up being fun. Some things change and some things don't; but when you know Jesus, you know a peace that surpasses all understanding. No one can truly explain the peace that we have in knowing that we are saved and secure in Jesus Christ; but we do know that if we have no Jesus, we have no peace; but once we know Jesus, we know peace.

                If there is something in your life that is pure trouble and chaos and stress, invite Jesus into the situation and allow Him to take the lead and watch the type of peace that will set into the atmosphere. Pray, read your Bible, and do the will of God and peace that you cannot understand will overcome you and all you will be able to do is be joyful and be at peace when the rest of the world is not. If you need some peace, you need some Jesus. It's just that simple.


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment