Tuesday, July 31, 2012

How We Position Ourselves




                This morning, I sat down and said, "I have no idea what I am going to write about today." That was perfect, because as I was finishing the sentence, God reminded me that I am in the perfect position for glory. It is not about what I know how to do or what I can do, but about giving Him glory. When I am not in control, but I am participating, that is the perfect position to give God all of the glory.

                I love telling this story. A few months ago while I was at college, I was running and working all day from six or seven in the morning until eleven at night. Just as I was climbing into bed, God told me to stop and go visit a specific friend (we will refer to the friend as "X"). So, I pulled myself out of my room, slipped on my shoes, and walked to X's room in my pajamas. When I knocked on the door, X was surprised to see me because X had just gotten back a few seconds before I knocked. We started to talk about what had happened that day and crazy experiences. The whole time, God was whispering in my ear "demon." I was tired and wanted to go to bed and deal with it later, but God was calling me and my friend was important. Eventually, I asked X, "How do you feel when I say the word 'demon?'" X told me that there was a neck and leg pain that came out of no where at the word. I had to trust God because I was too tired to think.

                As soon as we started to pray, I felt it come at me. I was speaking for three seconds, at the most, and then the Holy Spirit stepped in and started to speak through my vocal cords. It cast out a powerful demon and even brought images to X's minds of things to dispose of. Soon after talking about it, X's roommate came in and the Holy Spirit told me that we should praise. X's roommate could not get into it, so we prayed together and X's roommate felt a whirlwind drop down and take away all of the negativity. As soon as we finished praising God for that movement, the Holy Spirit caused me to say "since we are already in the Spirit, let's pray for something to happen." My two friends agreed and we began to pray. Half way through the prayer, X yelled out "Stop!" in a deep voice, then God, using X's voice, told us that the very person that we were praying for will be saved!"

                To summarize, when I was willing to do what God wanted but was letting Him work, we cast out a powerful demon, healed negative emotions, and prophesied. See what happens when we let God get all of the glory? Whenever we step down and let God stand up in our lives, things are radically changed. That is why the perfect position for us would be seated, willing to do whatever God asks us to do and allowing God to get the full glory. If He says go to the lunch room at your school, go with a Bible in hand and a smile on your face. If God says go talk to that person, pray over them as you are walking to them and listen to them as you talk to them. Let God move! We must get out of His way and be willing to do whatever He asks of us. That is how we glorify God! It is not about our glory. We are imperfect. If anyone deserves glory, it is perfection, and only God is perfect last I checked.

                How we position ourselves is critical. If we position ourselves to do all of the work, we are going to reap what we sow. We operate in the flesh and trust in ourselves, we will get imperfection because we are using perfection. If we step aside and let God take the lead, we will be allowed to walk in His perfect plan, because perfection is reaping and sowing on our behalf, so we are allowed to taste the fruits of perfection when we step down. How we position ourselves dictates what seeds we sow, and that dictates what our harvest looks like


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment