Friday, October 5, 2012

Divine Appointments




                For the past twelve hours, God has been placing me time after time exactly where He wants me to be. I see it as no less than a divine appointment.


                Last night, as I was headed to my bed, God told me to turn around and start walking. I listened and obeyed and ran into someone who really needed to talk, and God just moved throughout the whole situation. It was strictly Him doing His own thing! God is moving and active and last night proved it, because this friend and I broke some major chains and God set this soul free.

                Today, at work, my boss told me that she needed me to do one last thing before I left. She handed me a stack of papers and told me to head to the other office and give this to one of the workers. I was happy to do so. As soon as I handed the papers off, a student who I had never met, holding a camera, came up to me and told me that he had been looking for me. More of God being God!

                Just an hour ago, as I was up in the library picking up a projector that was not needed, I ran into an old friend, Elliot, who told me about how he reads this blog. It truly touched me to hear this and to see him again.

                If I had just gone to bed instead of listening to God, if I had just pushed the work off to the next person and said, "I don't have the time. I am off work," if I had just decided leave the projector in the library since we weren't going to use it, I would have missed out on so many opportunities  I would have missed out on God moving and working. It is because I was obedient to God's commandments and lived according to His spirit that I was able to be a part of the unfolding of His plan.

                When we operate in the Holy Spirit and let God have control, He does things that we could not have even thought of. We must remember that He knows all and He is in control of everything: our future spouse, our future job, our current job, our children, our homes, our everything. It is all in His hands; and if we stop trying to take it back into our own hands, He will be able to bless us in ways that we could not have even thought of! We must remember that God knows best and He is in control. He wants prosperity for us, not harm; so do not be afraid to let Him have His way when the time comes.


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment