Sunday, June 3, 2012

First Post




                Hello, my name is Deonte, and I would like to thank all of you who are reading this for your time and support.
               Before going into anything, I would like to take a moment to explain a few things. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. He is my Lord and Savior. I have so much to say just from that comment alone, but I will not digress. I will say this, though. I am human. I will stumble and fall, but I thank Christ every day for forgiving me and loving me and never holding my past mistakes against me.
               Now, the reason I names this blog, "As Iron Sharpens Iron..." is because of one of my favorite Bible verses. (Proverbs 27:17) The title of this blog, the URL of this website, and this first blog are reminders that, as humans, we grow dull and need sharpening. I will make as many mistakes as any other natural human being that has ever walked the face of this world, excluding Jesus Christ of course.
               I have made this blog to do more than talk. Yes, I love to preach, but I also like to listen. I am going to hit hurdles and fall flat on my face no matter how old I get, but I would like to share those experiences with all of you and, hopefully, help some people, including myself, from making unnecessary mistakes.  I am also open to discussions, questions, and other opinions. Not everything that I say is correct, and that is why I need other people to sharpen me; and hopefully, I can give back as much as I get.
                I am not sure where this blog will go, or what will happen with it; but I will give it to God and pray that He uses it however he desires. So many subjects are running through my mind, and so many things to talk about; but all in due time! Until the next blog, thank you all for your time, and God bless!

                                                                                                                                           - D




1 comment:

  1. Greetings!
    Just now found My way to here. Thank You for saying these things, out loud. I will read what has been written!
    I hope this message reaches You - in Heaven or here.

    I pray that Father blesses You and Yours ~ Your Sister, Deborah

    ReplyDelete