Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bills Bills Bills




                Money, money, money! Here, in the United States, money seems to be the most important thing to most of our culture. It seems to be important to most human beings who run on a currency based system. Personally, money means little to me, if not nothing. The only reason my bank account isn't constantly empty is because my mother would worry about me eating if it was. I have different views than many people that I know, when it comes to Christians. In fact, I do not think I know one person that has the same view on money as me.

               My view of money goes something like this: it is of the world, and it is out of your hand as fast as it gets into your hand. If I get a dollar today, I won't have it in a year; but give me salvation today, and I will have it for an eternity. I use money to further the kingdom, whenever God allows, and to help others, whenever God says. 1 Philippians 4:19, "And my God will meet all of your needs according to His glorious riches in Jesus Christ." I never worry about my needs because I know that they will be met.

                When I see people stressing out over saving or having enough, I cannot understand the stress at all. When I treat my friends, they sometimes flip out and say that I cannot pay. I do not understand the big deal about money. When talking to a friend about my view on money, he said, "no matter what, you need money. Can you survive without money?"

                I was pulled away from the conversation before I could answer. I thought of Matthew 6:26, "Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Even if I was broke, and had nothing in my hands, I would be content because my God will provide and I believe that without a shadow of a doubt. I do not need money to survive, I need God to survive. Some people would say, "well wouldn't God give you money to survive?" And to that, I would say yes, He does; but He can also provide in other ways. He can provide through people, kitchens, shelters, or even food directly from the fields. I believe that I do not need money to survive or live, but I can survive on God alone.

                That is why I do not stress when I run low on money, because I know that God will provide for me. I see that I am low, and praise God that I ever had money in the first place. I know that everything will be handled thanks to God. He has everything under control, so I do not make money important. Only God is important, and He will always provide. Because I have faith in God, I have faith that all of my needs will be met. That is my view on money, and why I am never stressed out about money; and so far, every need I have has been met so I have no complaints.


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment