Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Real Ruler




                Yesterday, my Political Science teacher asked the class what it would take for us to go out into the streets and overthrow the government. In all honesty, I could think of nothing. A friend of mine in the class said that he would if the government took away social security and took our hard earned money from our banks, he would want to overthrow the government.

                I tried to think of every situation of what the government would do, but nothing gave me even a moment of passion to rebel or protest. Maybe it was because it had never happened to me, but I just could not stir the passion to care enough about anything that the government did, because it is not my main source of authority. All of my rules and standards come from God, and He is the one that I care about. He authority is the one that I listen to above all.

                God does tell us to obey the law of the land in Romans 13, but to put His law first. As Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I have no reason to rebel or riot about anything the government does to me; because my first and final allegiance is to the Lord and no one else. In the end, isn't that what Jesus asks for?


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment