Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ready Or Not?




                Jesus says that no one knows the day or the hour that He will be coming back (Matthew 24:36) so we do not have any date of expectation. We must be ready for Him to come at any moment, arriving on the spot to take those who have giving their lives to Him and to leave those who have chosen to stay away from Him.

                When I was younger I would say that I would get back to Jesus when I got old, but I never thought that maybe I wouldn't live that long. Maybe I wouldn't even make it to twenty five. I was so sure that I would not have to worry about it. In fact, I was so sure that I didn't even want to think any other way. In all honesty, I was just so afraid of Jesus coming back at any moment that I had to make up my own reality. I was in denial and I did not want to face the truth that Jesus could come back in the middle of me sleeping, in the middle of school, in the middle of me doing my own thing. He could even come back in the middle of me sinning. I had no control, so I just pretended that I did.

                Allow me to ask you this, and be honest with yourself. If Jesus came back right now, would you be going up with Him or staying behind? If you are staying behind, ask yourself this. What are you working towards that the grave can't destroy?


                                                                                                                                          -D

No comments:

Post a Comment