Thursday, November 15, 2012

Communion




                Communion is something that has happened in every church that I have been to. In Catholic churches, they do communion every Sunday. In every other church that I have gone to, they do communion the first Sunday of every month. I do not know to much about communion, but I know this much: it is not something that is to be taken lightly.

                1 Corinthians 11:24-27 says, "and when He had given thanks, He broke it, and said, 'This is My body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of Me.' In the same way also He took the cup, after supper, saying, 'This cup is the new covenant in My blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.' For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and the blood of the Lord."

                What I see from this is that we are called to remember Christ when we do communion. I believe that communion is an important part of church. I am not one to say that we must do communion, because the command was for us to do communion in a certain way, not do it period. I do feel that, as Christian, we should not stop doing communion. It is an important part of Christian culture and it is something special that God placed for us. I believe that if you should ask for forgiveness and should be a professing Christian, one who claims Jesus Christ to be their Lord and Savior, before going into communion.

                Everyone has different views on communion. All that I am saying is, for me, communion is like baptism. It is not a must, but it is an awesome experience and a big part of Christian culture that should not die out just because it is not in the ten commandments to do so. I will continue to do communion, not because I feel that I have to, but because I want to in order to continue to remember what Christ did for us in new ways every day. This is only what I feel.


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment