Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Do Not Fear




                The Bible says "Do not fear" 365 times. That's enough for each day of the year! I was talking to a friend last night and he was saying how he would gladly take a bullet for being a Christian. I agreed. I felt it was easier to go to such radical extents. What if you didn't have to die for being a Christian? What if we stopped looking at the big things as something to fear? Once we die, we go to Heaven. There is no suffering involved. Why should we fear death as Christians?

                I know that I would die for God without hesitation, but put a needle in front of me and I am ready to cry like a baby. I cannot stand shots or anything involving a needle! Ask me to go hold a snake and you will see how fast I can run. Let's not even talk about spiders. The point is, we are so quick to say "I'm willing to die for this!" What about the little things? What about when you have to walk in the dark and you feel afraid? What about when you have to go get a shot and you cannot stand the thought of needles? What about having to hang around someone that you cannot stand being around? What about giving your last dollar to someone in need? Let's stop trying to act so big and look at the small stuff too.

                Are you afraid to do the small things, too? If so, that is fine! That is why the Holy Spirit is known as the Comforter. He comforts us! God knows that we can become afraid and He has prepared for that. Let us not be ashamed to be afraid. Instead, let's get into prayer whenever we become afraid. Let us ask God to be in our every day situations. He is not so big that He will only deal with life or death situations. He will be right there with you no matter what the situation is.


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment