Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Working for Good




                Yesterday, at lunch, my friends and I were talking about life. Somehow, my blog was brought up and I mentioned how there was a time when I was thinking that no one was reading it. My friend said, "yeah, my sister felt the same thing but now she has her own blog and people are donating so that she can give money to good causes."

                Instantly, my eyes blew open wide. I had never thought of a blog being able to go that far from someone like me. The closest thing that I would have been able to think of for that would be the Nickelodeon show, "iCarly," but of course, I do not fashion my life after television shows. It was amazing to hear about someone putting something as simple as a blog to such a powerful use. She was raising money for charities and still giving glory to God.

                The amazing blog that I am speaking of is called liferearranged.com. It is a wonderful blog that is written by a powerfully motivating woman. Although I am not here to advertise, I cannot help the inspiration that raises up within me when I see God doing something glorious in someone's life. When God is glorified in a work or an area that not many look at or that I never think of, I get excited about the things that God can do.

                This website motivates me to make everything that I do glorious for God and open to Him as well. I want Him to cut off what needs to be cut off, prune what needs to be pruned, and bring growth to what needs to grow for Him. I want everything that I do to be able to glorify Him, so I give everything that I can do work hard and let it be for God.

                My thought is, why not make everything for the glory of God? If there is an area in your life in which you need some inspiration or you want God to step in, work your hardest and pray to God to move in in His direction, not yours. I need God to direct everything in my life because that is the only way that everything will be operating at its best for Him. I cannot do well on my own. I need the Father's help. So, in all that I do, I will work hard and let God get the glory, as He rightfully should!


                                                                                                                                         -D

No comments:

Post a Comment