Monday, September 24, 2012

Step Down




                We serve a mighty God who is able to do all things. There is no limit to what He can do. He is sovereign over all, so He controls all. There is no force than can escape Him or disobey Him if He commands something to be so.

                When my friend was talking about a group of Christians that were all praying over each other and doing radical things, I wanted to get in on it in a heart beat. I began to think on it and fear set in. "What if I try praying over someone and I say something stupid," or "what if God is trying to say something and I say it wrong?"

                I had to take a second and realize that I was worrying over nothing. My biggest mistake would not be saying something stupid; but it would be not trusting God. I was too worried about what I would do and what I would say that I forgot to step down and let God be God and let Him have control. He knows what He is doing and He does not need my help defending Him or working for Him. Me being a part of His master plan is a blessing for me, not a help to Him.

                As I began to fear making mistakes, I realized that all I had to do was step down, stop trusting in my flesh, and start trusting God. My first step was to admit that God would always be fine and that I needed to let God be God. My next step was to pray to God for more faith and for the strength to step down and trust in Him over the flesh. The last step was to let God be God!

                Maybe you want God to do something huge in your life and you are afraid, or maybe you want to experience God but you do not know how to. My advice is this: if you want to experience God, put your trust in Him to do what He wants to do, and let God be God. He will move how He wants to move and if we want to see it we must not worry about us or anything else. We must simply pray to God for help, and let God be God!


                                                                                                                                         -D

1 comment:

  1. Good blog post. You are right. We need to set aside I fears and take that first step. It's amazing what we can do if we trust Him. Easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete