Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Gratefully Rescued




                Every human being has at least one thing in common: we have all been a slave to sin at one point in our lives. Some of us are still slaves to sin, and some of us have been rescued from that slavery. I don't know about you, but I was gratefully rescued.

                I was desperately in need of a savior, and Jesus came to my call. I was drowning in my sins, in myself, and in an empty life without Christ. It wasn't until I accepted the salvation that Jesus was offering that I could breath. I was so grateful for my savior. I still can't put it into words, but only those who have been gratefully rescued can understand.

                Why am I so grateful about the assist? Ephesians 2:8-9 says it all. "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." I was rescued and it had nothing to do with my performance. I didn't have to work for the salvation, I didn't have to meet any requirements. God just loved me so much that He rescued me, and that is why I am so grateful. He is loving enough to do the same for you as well. All you have to do is accept His love.

                "And everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:26)

No comments:

Post a Comment