Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Faith > Fear



                Last night was the first night of High School guys group. Bryan, my overseer, allowed Austin, my brother and fellow intern, and I to be in charge of this ministry. At first, I was excited. Next, I was stoked! Then, I was beyond excited. I sat down and began to plan guy's group for the next thirty-eight weeks. If you couldn't tell yet, I was eager to start this guy's group.

                Just the night before, I was freaking out, wondering what God would have me do. I was trying to figure out what He was going to have me do, what order there would be, if there would be order, etc. I was freaking out. Before I knew it, it was Monday night and I was driving over to the house. I was feeling awkward and excited, but most of all nervous.

                I had to come to the realization that I needed to trust in God. I began to pray as I drove, putting all of my trust in Him. I knew that He was going to be in control, and that His will would be done. I just had to keep reminding myself. The night went nothing like I planned, yet it was the most fruitful and powerful night that I had experienced in a long time. I realized that God had a plan all along, and I just needed to stay in submission to His will.

                When I allowed my faith to be bigger than my fear, I was overwhelmed with what God had in store for us. All that I needed to do was stop trying to make it work on my own, stop trying to set everything up for God, stop trying to overkill everything, and realize that God had a plan that I needed to get in line with.

                When we allow our faith in God to be bigger than the fears of the world, we will be pleasantly surprised. Don't trust me, trust God.


                                                                                                                                         -D

1 comment:

  1. Hello Deonte

    I noticed there doesn't seem to be any comments on your blog posts. Am I not looking correctly?

    My email is ajs102@hotmail.com I would like to talk to you about your blog etc. It's a good blog.

    I'm Andrew 49 in Australia

    ReplyDelete